Organising a hen party? Lucky you – this important honour is guaranteed to provide you with lots of fun, laughter and happy memories. Hen party accessories can really help to get everyone to let their hair down, as well as giving your party a memorable theme and identity. So, if you’re stuck for ideas, why not start here!
Hen party costumes
This is the big one. Are you going to dress everyone in matching T-shirts, tiaras or ‘L’ plates? The accessories you choose will determine the feel of the evening (or the day, if you’re starting early). Here are some suggestions to get you started:
- Personalised sashes. These are a great way to unify your group without requiring everyone to wear an entire costume. They can carry a personalised message and ensure that all your hens are co-ordinated with matching colours.
- Fancy dress. If you’re having a themed activity as part of your girly event, hen party accessories can emphasise and reinforce the theme! For example, if you’re doing a crafty workshop you could all dress as different coloured paints or crayons. Or at an 80’s night you could go to town with co-ordinated mullets, fishnets and tutus.
Tableware and decorations
If you’ve booked a venue for the night and they’re happy for you to take over the décor, you can create a fantastic atmosphere with hen party accessories to get everyone in the mood.
- Festoon the tables with confetti – the perfect decoration to remind everyone why they’re all there! While providing a hint of wedding bells to come, the confetti you choose for the hen party can be shiny, fun and frivolous. You could even surprise the bride by firing several confetti cannons when she enters the room!
- Go homemade . If you’re bringing together a group of people who don’t all know each other well, a pre-hen preparation party will help break the ice. Get the girls together to make banners or bunting, blow up balloons and generally get creative with the decorations. Your bride will love the effort you’ve put in!
- Projector perfection. Cast the perfect image on the walls, without making a mess! Hire a projector and show a montage of photos of your bride-to-be, or pick unique and thoughtful images that complement your hen party theme.
Party bags and favours
Thought you’d outgrown party bags when you left primary school? Think again! Whether you go for an actual gift bag or simply strew favours on a table, small novelty gifts are a great way to say ‘thank you’ to your fellow hens and leave them with a souvenir of your party.
Hen party accessories for your party bags:
- Beauty products will always be appreciated. If you’re not sure of all the hens’ tastes, focus on products like foot gels and lip balms – they’ll definitely get used, while novelty nail decorations and the like may not be to everyone’s taste.
- Bubbles are a popular and magical way to create a party atmosphere.
- Chocolate is a take-away that will always go down a treat. Personalised, party-themed wrappers on your novelty chocs will look great and make it seem even tastier!
Whatever hen party accessories you choose, you’re sure to have a fantastic evening. Don’t forget to take lots of pictures to remember the night – you’ll be able to look back and see how amazing everything looked.